Saturday, March 30, 2019

And they lived happily ever after!!

And they lived happily ever after! 

- Here are some easy and some quick tips/links for planning a wedding!!

I know planning a wedding can be exciting, but so stressful at the same time especially on the brides!! I know I been there, drove my fiance nuts!! So I am here to relieve some of your stress before your big day, with some links and tips to help you plan your big day! 

First off let me introduce myself, my name is Ashley and almost 9 years ago I met the man of my dreams. At first for me it wasn't love at first sight, but for him it was. But once I got to know who he is and his personally I knew he was the man for me. On August 15th, 2016 it was a very beautiful day and he took me to my favorite place Put-in-Bay who doesn't love it? I knew something was up because he was quiet all day long and that is not him at all. So after that, he took me the Marblehead Lighthouse, and I didn't want to stay long because I was tired. But he wanted to see the water and the boats. So I said can you "get my water out of the car, if we aren't going to leave" long story short. He came back from the car, then he said some few words got down on his knee then proposed. I thought I was getting punked. I wasn't expecting it. But after that, I was on cloud 9 and then the planning began. 
the day he proposed to me- I was crying so hard..


Now you ask where to start? Good question, before anything get a wedding license..  The fees vary from what county you live in and are valid for 60 days after they are issued.. BUT FIRST THE

VENUE-  Best place to start why? They book up so fast. They usually have you book a year in advance because on how many people you have, the date of your wedding, and other criteria involved. The prices also vary on locations. I will have some examples attached some great wedding venues with good reviews to help you pick out the best one!! 
http://windowsontheriver.com/  this is Windows on the River a venue in Cleveland, great reviews!! 
https://www.tomscountryplace.com/ this is Tom's Country Place a venue in Avon, I went to a wedding that took place here and I loved it.. The venue was beautiful and if you don't want to get married at a church, they can have your wedding there.
https://landollsmohicancastle.com/ This is Landoll's Mohican Castle in Loudonville. I also attended a wedding at this venue. The views are very breathtaking and the castle is a great backdrop for any picture. It can be pricey, but the reviews are great!! 
https://www.clevelandcatering.com/fountain-bleau-event-center/ This is Fountain Bleau in Avon. This is where I got married. The champagne room can seat up to 170 people and the main room which is the "Bleau room" can seat up to 350 people. I love the venue, because they make the cake for you and on top of that they are very on top of things, which is why I chose them for my venue. 

CHURCH-  Everyone needs one of those to get married in, unless if your not catholic or don't believe in god (then I don't oppose either way.) The church is the beautiful centerpiece to the beginning part of your journey to your marriage. The thing I love about it also is the organist also helps you pick out the music you want to walk down the aisle too. I will have some examples of some great churches!! 
http://www.sjohio.org/ - St. Joe's in Strongsville- What a beautiful church!
http://www.messiahchurchfairview.org/ Messiah Lutheran Church in Fairview Park, Ohio.
https://www.samparish.org/  Saint Angela's Parish in Fairview Park, Ohio. I loved that church and that's why I got married there. The way down the aisle is something that I will remember and treasure forever!! 

DRESSES- For me, I got my dress too early, I tried on maybe two or three and found the perfect fit for me. It all has to do on what style you like and what kind of dress you wanna wear on your big day. Also, do you want to stand out or make him cry? There are so many styles out there like- A-line, Trumpet, empire line, sheath, ballgown, and mermaid. The color is also important like you can have white or ivory. I chose ivory because the color goes well with my skin tone. 
I am going to attach pictures of the different dress styles, so you have a clear understanding on how they look, so you can find the perfect dress. 
This is the Empire Line Gown- 
Empire style is defined by the raised waistline which sits just below the bust from which the rest of the dress flows down to the hem. 

This is the A- Line Strapless Sweetheart Gown- 
It flows out to the ground with an unbroken line- resembling the outline of the letter A. I love this dress because it is so beautiful and I love dresses that are strapless. 

This is the Ball gown wedding gown-
The ball gown style has a fitted bodice and a fitted skirt. It can accommodate all body types. Many girls want to feel like Cinderella on their wedding day. Just add a tiara, and you will be the talk of the town. I couldn't pull this look off because of the weight of it. 



This is the trumpet style gown-
The skirt on this wedding gown style flares out just below the hips, creating a semi-full skirt (shaped like the bell of a trumpet) without extra volume and bulk. It is often confused with the mermaid style as they are quite similar only is not quite as fitted as the mermaid silhouette.


This is the sheath gown-
The style fits very closely to the contours of the body from head to toe. It is such a beautiful dress and the back is very appealing. 

This is the mermaid gown-
I love this gown because if you are a risk taker and comfortable in your skin, this dress is for you. Not many people are comfortable in their own skin to pull this beautiful dress off!! 
my wedding dress!!















With the alterations and the fitting it is usually 1 month before you get married, so keep that in mind as well!

BRIDAL PARTY- For my girls, we discussed long and hair on what color should the girls wear when walking down the aisle, to what shoes they should wear. But we all couldn't come to one solution, so we wanted to all different colors, but all different shades of lilac because purple is my favorite color. If you have a girl in your bridal party that doesn't like a certain dress or color, then switch it with a different color. Nothing will be perfect, trust me I know. You have to go with the flow, but remember it's the bride's day to shine! 

-TUXES- This part was the easiest for us because we are already had our color scheme picked out. I would suggest you guys as a couple, do that first getting the dresses and the tuxes because then you can pick a theme. With the tuxes, all you have to figure out is if they have long ties or bow ties. The colors of the jackets and the vests, if they want the pocket squares. It is pretty simple. I love the cuff links on the groom because I think it is traditional and very elegant. Here are some links to some great tuxes places!!
https://www.tuxedojunction.com/ - right here in North Olmsted, Ohio.. The staff is very nice and very helpful to the guests.
https://actux.com/ - The place I recommend, they have many locations. The staff is always there to help you with whatever you need. Always friendly!! 

GUEST LIST- This for me was probably the last fun part for me, I hate saying that but it is so true. There are so many people you want to invite to your big day, but the truth is you can't invite everyone. 
TIP: PEOPLE YOU SHOULDN'T INVITE: co-workers because then they will brag about it at work to another co-worker and you feel guilty because you didn't invite that person. (been that, done that).
- an ex-boyfriend or an ex-girlfriend that's just awkward and not right, unless your good friends, then go for it.
- an old friend that never met your significant other.
- The big thing you don't want at your wedding is DRAMA!! 

Then you would have to make out the invitations because it has to be at least 6 months before the wedding, so you have a headcount on how many guests you have. We had our invitations hand made by a friend of ours. If you have questions on that let me know. 


DJ-   With our venue we picked (Fountain Bleau in Avon), they supplied us with a sheet of DJ's and we picked a local one. 
https://www.frmdj.com/weddings.html- This is first request music this was the best choice we made for our wedding!! Patrick Mahoney was/is the sweetest person you can ask for when it comes to a dj! At our first meeting, he sits down with you and goes over all the songs you want for each part of the reception (cake, father/daughter dance, and more). You can give me a list of songs and he will play them for you!! Our guests love him and are considering to use him at more events! We knew right away he was right man for the job.
TIPS: He said why don't you do a grand entrance, because life is too short and I thought why not? So each of the couples, had their own song to come and dance too. I think that was the icing on the cake. Also, he knew I had a medical condition and before the wedding took place he let us see the lights he was using.
The best advice also he gave us was to play the shoe game. I was like "what the heck is that?" I am so glad I play that game at my wedding. I think it is a must at all weddings. It is a game where the newly bride and groom sit back to back, in the left hand is the each get one groom shoe, and the right the bride shoe. Then the DJ asks question like "who is the better cook" then they raise the shoe to see if you are compatible.
Finally, my husband and I couldn't agree on our ending song because it wasn't easy to pick just one song. So Patrick was like I'll handle that because you both love country music and then I'll sequence together the other song. It was a perfect ending song to a perfect night.

https://www.thumbtack.com/-Medina-OH/service/3160782?service_pk=299595386740498592&category_pk=114393707196743940&encoded_answers=eyJzZl9wayI6IjM1Mjk0MTI3NjE0MTE1ODQxOSIsImFucyI6eyI0IjoiNDQwNzAiLCI2IjoyfX0%3D&lp_request_pk=354853385337536535&zip_code=44070&lp_path=%2Fk%2Fwedding-djs%2Fnear-me%2F&keyword_pk=223975123565857622&click_origin=pro%20list%2Fclick%20pro%20container&sourcePage=&sourceEvent=&utm_source=&utm_campaign=&utm_medium=&gclid=&msclkid=&origin= - Here is SkinnyBoy Media he is out in Medina and his starting cost is $350.00

https://www.thumbtack.com/oh/cleveland/djs/experienced-dj-for-all-your-needs?service_pk=120599664997311633&category_pk=114393707196743940&search_request_pk=354854048235077650&encoded_answers=eyJzZl9wayI6IjM1Mjk0MTI3NjE0MTE1ODQxOSIsImFucyI6eyI0IjoiNDQwNzAiLCI2IjoyfX0%3D&lp_request_pk=354853385337536535&zip_code=44070&lp_path=%2Fk%2Fwedding-djs%2Fnear-me%2F&keyword_pk=223975123565857622&click_origin=pro%20list%2Fclick%20pro%20name&sourcePage=&sourceEvent=&utm_source=&utm_campaign=&utm_medium=&gclid=&msclkid=&origin=- Here is JukeBox Music DJ Service!! Service for over 25 years. Prices $495 for the first 4 hours!!

https://www.thumbtack.com/-Litchfield-OH/service/3132989?service_pk=297917353753206822&category_pk=114393707196743940&search_request_pk=354854074892918806&encoded_answers=eyJzZl9wayI6IjM1Mjk0MTI3NjE0MTE1ODQxOSIsImFucyI6eyI0IjoiNDQwNzAiLCI2IjoyfX0%3D&lp_request_pk=354853385337536535&zip_code=44070&lp_path=%2Fk%2Fwedding-djs%2Fnear-me%2F&keyword_pk=223975123565857622&click_origin=pro%20list%2Fclick%20pro%20name&sourcePage=&sourceEvent=&utm_source=&utm_campaign=&utm_medium=&gclid=&msclkid=&origin=- Here is DJ MuZeek from Litchfield!! They offer professional lightning and fog if you are interested let him know. Service for over 5 years and the starting cost is $200.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSu8MOaqiwQ&t=37s
this is the shoe game I recommend it to all those engaged people that are planning there weddings- play this game at your wedding, trust me it is something that you will cherish forever!!

PHOTOGRAPHER- This was also easy for us because my (fiance at the time) now husband friend is a photographer, so she gave us four options of photographers to chose from. 
https://www.weddingwire.com/biz/daniel-nordick-photography-cuyahoga-falls/01173b9170fd1967.html- Daniel Nordick Photography- we chose him because his photos were so breathtaking and he was such a sweet guy. With his deal we got not 1 but 2 photographers Craig Foley, they both captures every moment of our special day. Sadly Daniel doesn't do photography that much anymore, but I totally recommend Craig Foley.
https://fraleymemoryproductions.com/wedding-investment/- He does both wedding photos and wedding videos!!

https://www.facebook.com/RachaelRiekePhotography/- This is Rachel Rieke. Very professional. Here starting cost is $120 for the first hour and then $100 for every hour after.

https://www.facebook.com/lisajanephoto/- This is LJ photography or Lisa Jane Photography. I heard nothing but good things about her. She started her business in 2006 and still going strong.

LIMO- The picking out of the limo was not easy at first because we didn't know which company we wanted. Plus with a party of 10, do you want a party bus or a limo. We decided on a limo, the limo was very spacious. It has 2 bottles of champagne, and a radio so everyone can sing a long and everyone enjoyed their time. The limo guy that drove us was super sweet and catered to our needs. Sadly, the company that we used closed down after our wedding because we were the last wedding they were using. But don't worry I have companies that will help you pick out the best limo for your big day!! 
http://clevelandlimoservice.org/
http://www.amerilimo.com/
https://platinum-partybus.com/about-us/- really great reviews. I highly recommend checking them out!

CATERER- I think the caterer is the most important part of the wedding, besides the dress. We got lucky because our venue and probably many other venues have caterers that our included!! Which was a ton of stress off of us. We still had to pick the right food, the hardest part is pleasing everyone. We had prime rib, chicken. potatoes, salads, rolls, and more. Do not forget the vegans!! 

CAKE- The cake tasting is like 4 months prior to the wedding at least ours was. We wanted something simple and not over the top. Again, we got lucky and our venue made the cake there instead of us buying it from another bakery, which I loved!! There is so many questions and options when looking for a cake, do you want 2,3,4,5 tiers? What kind of frosting do you want, what kind of cake do you want it to be? We had our own cake topper, with 3 layers (2 chocolate and 1 vanilla) with chocolate buttercream frosting. 
http://www.toptiercakescleveland.com/= It is the 2019 pick for the knot best of weddings for cakes!
http://lalacustomcake.com/
https://www.beckers-donutsandbakery.com/

A beautiful 5 tier cake!!

This is was our wedding cake- plain and simple 3 tier cake!!

MAKEUP- A girl got to look good on her wedding day with her squad. So make sure you have the correct makeup for the correct skin tone for each girl. Some of them are fair skin (like me),  to dark tone. Some can also be allergic to it (like my momma). I highly recommend PJ's day spa. It is a spa and hair place. Before my rehearsal dinner, all my girls got their nails done for a cheap price. Then, the day of the wedding each one of them got their hair done and their makeup. 
I was a different story- let me backup up a little. I did a hair and makeup trial probably at least 3 weeks I could be wrong before the wedding. I highly suggested doing one of those. The girl Susan asked me what style did I want to have on my wedding day? She did it perfectly just like the picture. Then the day off it took me at least 3 hours for my hair and almost 2 hours for my makeup, but it was worth and they are so worth the time and the money. 

My hair is done and now makeup time!! I loved my hair!! I highly suggest Sue Snyder for doing hair!!
http://www.pjsdayspa.com/

FLOWERS- Florists were the trickiest part for us, because you want a certain type of flower or certain color for the bouquet, but a lot goes into the wedding flowers that I didn't know about. I didn't know that on Facebook people sell their used wedding items and that's how I got my bouquets.
https://www.wilhelmyflorist.com/- located in North Olmsted and it is a very good florist.
https://www.vasetovase.com/- I heard nothing but good things about them.

TIP: I think that having ribbons on the end pews to know that is where the groom and bride's family sits, I think it is a clever idea!!

ALCOHOL- Before you get the alcohol, you need a list of what you need for your guests. You have vodka, scotch, beer, rum, and so much more. They will deliver to the venue at least a week prior to your wedding. I really recommend Minotti's because they are so helpful when it comes to this part of the wedding!! 
https://www.minottis.com/index.php

REGISTRY- Lastly, the best part is the registry. I love this part because this is were the couple comes together and picks out what each other wants as gifts. I love Walmart, target, kohls, and bed bath and beyond those are some places for the registry.




No comments:

Post a Comment